Friday 16 July 2010

UK Customs Badges and Memorabila

d Well I'm now inspired once again to get going with all things "Customs" related and put pen to paper, or rather text to the blog. I've been meaning for some time now to start blogging so this is my first attempt.

I have collected Customs related memorabilia for some years now. This includes badges. patches, uniforms, hi-viz jackets and so on.


Most of my collection relates to the now defunct HM Customs & Excise, whose activities have been taken over by HM Revenue & Customs or passed to the relatively newly formed UK Border Agency http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ or UKBA for short.


Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU Free Documentation License".

For some time I have been aware of an excellent Australian website which is the brainchild of John de Belle who from recollection works for the Australian Customs & Border Protection Service.

The site has recently been re-vamped and is well worth a look http://www.customscollector.com/default.htm

Eventually as I become more familar with "Blogger" I hope to be able to share some pictures of my own collection. I also have my own website at http://www.hmce-badges.co.uk/ which collectors can peruse. I have some examples of cap badges from the past, which
have been faithfully reproduced to reflect the original cap badges that were worn by the various grades of Officers of HM Customs & Excise

No comments:

Post a Comment